Wednesday 24 August 2011

Festival Tips for Girls




 This weekend I am off to Reading Festival, and I can't wait!! The line up really isn't that great this year, but my all time favourites, Deftones, are playing! I have been going to festivals for the past 6 years, so have plenty of experience, and thought I would share it with you!



Hygiene - Unfortunately at festivals, hygiene standards do tend to slip a little! The best way for me to keep clean is baby wipes, baby wipes, baby wipes! Another trick we picked up was taking a 15 litre water carrier and filling it up with water. We found it was best to wake up really early and put the water out in the sun. Once up, put on a bikini and get a friend to hold up the carrier for you. Quick and easy shower, and the water shouldn't be too cold...but even if it it, it's still worth it to feel fresh! Anti bacterial hand gel and femfresh wipes are also handy.



Tent Spot - Try and arrive early enough to grab a good camp spot! Away from any barriers and toilets!  When it gets dark and late, people tend to head for the barriers and bushes behind the tents to do their business so it's best to try stay away from them to avoid drunken walkthroughs and...ahem...mudslides :)




Communication - Iphones are great...apart from the fact that unfortunately, they don't have a very long battery life! We bought these mobile phones for £2.95 (plus a compulsory £10 top up) from Carphone Warehouse. They are really crappy and basic, but the battery lasts for days as there are no fancy apps or internet access! These are great to make sure you always have a means of communicating with your friends incase you get lost.



Toilets - Festivals are infamous for the toilets...I invested in one of these Whiz Away, which is similar to the Shewee, but I find it much easier as its made from an antibacterial rubber type material rather than plastic. Therefore it moulds to your body and is much easier to use. I can't go to a festival without one! In the beginning it was very strange, but once you get used to it, it's AMAZEBALLS! It does not mean you have to get your bum out on display every time you wee, you could still go into a private cubicle, but at least your clean bum cheeks don't have to go anywhere near a toilet seat! I normally take an imodium or two over the weekend to avoid any other toilet issues, especially eating dodgy festival food! Always make sure you carry lots of tissues on you as toilet paper normally runs out on the first day.



Beauty - I am quite lucky in that I can wash my hair before I leave and it won't go greasy. I normally only wash my hair twice a week anyway as it's so thick and unruly it is just too much hard work to do it any more! I will be taking some Batiste dry shampoo with me though just in case. I generally keep my hair up in a bun or plaits to keep it neat and tidy and avoid a frizz ball when it rains! Unfortunately, I'm not one of those that likes to go without any make up on,  I do keep it basic though with a light SPF 15 foundation, some bronzer and mascara. Essential to make sure you remove all make up before sleeping though. You will feel a million times better when you wake up in the morning without mascara gunk around your eyes!



My Festival Checklist:

  • Clothes (Mine will be mostly leggings and long tops, shorts, tshirts, 1 pair of jeans)
  • Toilet Paper
  • Black Bags
  • Camping Chairs
  • Torch
  • Snacks
  • Alcohol (No glass bottles allowed though)
  • Wet Wipes
  • Wellies
  • Long, thick socks
  • Warm Pyjamas
  • Hoodie
  • Water Carrier
  • Sleeping Bag
  • Tent
  • Ticket
  • Whiz Away/SheWee
  • Paracetemol
  • Plasters
  • Small Pillow
  • Antibacterial Hand Gel
  • Dry Shampoo
  • Make Up Remover
  • Sunscreen
Do you have any more handy festival tips?



Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...